Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Just Plain Sad

While wondering tonight if I should write this blog or not I started thinking about this question...How personal is too personal on a blog? I imagine this varies from person to person so I guess then I have to ask myself, how personal is too personal for me? With that in mind I almost decided not to post this but ya'll have walked with me through so many other things, why not this!

Today while working out(yep trying to lose those last few baby pounds!) in the gym I was watching the news on TV, let me tell you it was horrific! First it talked about a woman who held an infant under scalding water and killed him, next came a man who put a baby in a microwave, and last a couple who tossed their sweet baby out of their moving car and killed her. I was so horrified by all of this! I imagine that my face must have been very contorted with the awfulness of it all. Then tonight while contemplating all of these tragedies I began to think of our sweet baby, the one I carried inside me for almost 8 months, the one I loved and desperately wanted. The little human that would have been born into a family that would love her and never even imagine doing any of the horrific things I heard about today. And it makes me wonder why, why did it have to happen. You would think that after all this time, almost 2 years, the question would be settled, but you know what, I don't think it ever will.

So as you read this remember to snuggle close to your little ones, hug them tight, and make sure they know just how much you love them!

4 Comments:

Blogger amy stoddard said...

I love your little reminder to love on the ones we have...so often we forget! I am glad that you share with us! Thanks...

7:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So often, watching the "news" - and I use the term loosely - can be overwhelming. Especially when you hear story after story about man's depravity. And especially when it hits close to home. Thanks for this post and for a timely reminder to be thankful. (I'm gonna go love on Gabe RIGHT NOW!!!)

ps - It looks like you have at least two readers outside the family! Score!

7:31 AM

 
Blogger Pfingston said...

talk about the heart RENDING!

12:37 AM

 
Blogger Wells said...

i know what you mean. after i miscarried the thought of abortion made me madder than ever...

9:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home