Tuesday, March 04, 2008

No no nalgene!

As some of you know we used to be die hard Nalgene bottle fans! Well with all the recent news about plastics leaching BPA, which is a chemical that mimics our natural hormones and wreaks havoc with our bodies, I have been searching for an alternative so that we as a family can take water with us while we are out.
I found this website and love how they give reviews, it is through them that I decided to purchase some Funtainers for my kids. They have lots of designs to choose from, we ended up going to Target for ours and both kids got Spiderman cups because that was all they had. Micah and Maddie were thrilled with their cups and they love taking them with us when we are out and about! They come with an extra straw and sippy spout which I really appreciate.
Now I need to find a replacement for Michael and me! I don't think he would greatly appreciate walking around with a Funtainer!
Oh and on the same note when we are at home the kids either use their Funtainers or our regular glasses, I just don't like them using plastic because of this BPA stuff.
I really encourage you to check it out and judge for yourself if you feel it is safe for your family or not!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Yikes! Thanks for the tip!

1:57 PM

 
Blogger amy stoddard said...

Thanks for the heads up...and the site for the funtainers! I am looking into it...apparently, so are a lot of people!

6:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home