Thursday, April 03, 2008

Classic Maddie

Yes my daughter has done it again, she has given me something funny to post about!

Yesterday I took the kids to the library pre-school hour here in our town. I was really excited and I think they were too. They did not have anything like this in Mexico so I was really looking forward to the experience. It started out with a little song and then moved onto talking about spring and how little kittens are born, bunnies are born, and baby deer are born. Well Little Miss Maddie pipes in and says "My daddy shooted some deer and killed them." Yes thank you dear daughter for sharing that with EVERYONE! I got a little red in the face and one of the other moms who clearly understood looked over at me laughing, but in a nice way.
What have your kids said or done recently to embarrass you?

3 Comments:

Blogger Pfingston said...

my brother often will warn me that teaching my kids their anatomically correct name for their body parts will "bite you in the tahoshee"
But ever the reckless and wild one I am . . .oh, and add frank and direct. So when my 4 year old asks about where the baby comes from, we explain that the baby in in the womb and will come out mommy's [you know] cause that's what God made it for.
This is the same lesson she wants to teach EVERYONE she meets if we talk about babies.
I've had my fair share of close calls . . .

11:45 PM

 
Blogger Michele said...

Hi there! I just linked over from Michelle in mx because I saw that you are missionaries in Oaxaca. Well, I have friends who are on their way (as we speak) to Oaxaca on missions (with their 4 children). :) I really wanted you two to meet. They have a blog also. I'll give you the address if you'd like to check them out. They are a fabulous family. I thought it would be nice for them to meet another family (online) in the same "business" they are. Blessings to you and your mission!!

Here are the Nagels:
http://www.nagelland.blogspot.com

6:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were missionaries to mexice...sorry

5:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home