Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Overheard

The other day while playing domino's with the kids Micah jumps up and says "Wait, pause the game I have to go potty!" (I think he has been playing too many video games at other peoples houses!

That same week on our way to Queen Bees Tea Room for a special girly lunch Maddie yells "My God my God why have you forsaken me?" This was out of the blue mind you. Then she said "Mommy what does that mean?" So we talked about it and how Jesus died on the cross and why he said it. Then as we are driving I am racking my brains trying to figure out where she got that from....finally it dawns on me....the kids had been requesting the same Easter story book over and over and that quote was in the book.

What have your kids said lately? Don't they bring such joy!

3 Comments:

Blogger amy stoddard said...

Ok, Colin just asked me today, "What does, You are driving me crazy mean?" I tried to explain it to him, but I just dug a deeper hole for myself!

5:48 PM

 
Blogger Grateful for Grace said...

Great quotes! Two nights ago we had lasagna and I was pronouncing if for Faith. She could't quite get it, then my 5yo nephew interrupted and said, "Faith, look at me. It's with a B. Basangna!"
I almost choked laughing.

Hey, glad to hear you're a NFPer too! Yes, I read the post about large families. I totally loved it!! I could relate to everything she said and we only have 6, not 12!

blessings,
GfG

1:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, Maddie had me laughing out loud!!! That is totally classic.

As soon as Gabe really starts talking, I'm sure he'll say some funny stuff. Until now, he seems content to just stop himself in the middle of doing something he knows he shouldn't be doing, so that he can scold himself with a firm "NO! NO!"

That always gives me a good chuckle...

2:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home