Friday, June 13, 2008

Mommy Brain and a Surprise!

Recently we went to a church meeting with some friends, they had invited us to check out their church and since they had night service we decided to go. The pastor walked up to us and asked our names and as I was shaking his hand I said "Hi my name is Michael..., oh whoops no it's not he's Michael and I'm Charlsie" I was so incredibly embarrassed!!! Now though I know that I had good reason for that mommy brain slip up.

Yes we had a Mother's Day surprise....we are expecting another little blessing. I am about 9weeks along and due in mid Jan. We are all very excited and while everyone in the family is hoping for a boy, I really don't care either way. We are planing on going with another homebirth and I am so incredibly excited about it.

I was recently very struck by this quote and thought I would share it with you!

The Bible calls debt a curse and children a blessing. But in our culture we apply for a curse and reject blessings. Something is wrong with this picture. ~ Doug Phillips

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Kangas said...

Yay! Congratulations!! We are so thrilled for your family. Don't you just love it when your brain does that to you while you're pregnant? It's one of the most interesting parts of pregnancy. Sure makes for some unforgettable stories! Congratulations again. Thanks for sharing.

11:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious! You actually made me laugh out loud! (That doesn't happen often when I'm reading something...kudos, friend!) That is so stinking funny!

I can't wait to meet baby Kelli! Or Kelley! (It can be a unisex name, you know...Just throwing that out there as an idea...no pressure...)

Love ya!

7:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home