Thursday, November 02, 2006

Oaxaca Update

I suppose that I have put off blogging about the situation in Oaxaca first of all because I thought there would have been a resolution by now and wanted to post about that rather than all the gore, and second I guess I did not want to admit on here how hard this has been on me.

As many of you now know, since it has been on national news, Oaxaca continues to have major conflict. The Federal police are here now and are trying to take care of this situation but it is definitly not being resolved as quickly as I would like. To read more about it go here.
I feel that this writter, who lives in Oaxaca, has a good take on the happenings here.

We have been laying low, staying in our house, and trying to stay busy inspite of it all. I have to admit that for awhile there I thought I might lose it...it was very hard for me to stay in all the time. And having such major turmoil in Oaxaca, but not being able to see it has been driving me a bit crazy as well. It is a very surreal feeling because my neighborhood looks normal but many of the other parts of the city are a total mess. The destruction is very sad.

I guess that is enough for now, I feel like I coudl go on and on but I know with blogs it is best to keep them short and sweet!
The pictures below are just a taste of what you can find on the internet......Please keep praying for us!




2 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Kangas said...

Thanks for the Oaxaca update. We've been wondering what's been going on. Definately will be praying for you!

4:10 PM

 
Blogger Pfingston said...

Oh wow! I know that we start missions month here tomorrow. I already got an e-mail from my uncle about some missionaries in Oaxaca that speak about this issue - so be assured we, as a church will be praying for you and your protection.

Labor pains before Christ's return.

9:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home