Monday, June 04, 2007

Tiny Fingers, Tiny Toes

As the first anniversary of our stillbirth approaches I thought I would post a poem that a sweet friend of ours wrote. She lost her hubby a year before we lost baby Charlsie so she was really able to understand what we were going through. She printed out the poem, touched it up to look like a scrap booking page and put it on a wooden frame. I love the poem and love having a tangible reminder of our baby. I will post more on this as the time draws near but just wanted to share this poem with you all!

Tiny fingers, tiny toes. What they would have been -God only knows.

What were you to become? Who were you to be? What if it had been up to me?

Would you be a great missionary? Would you be a teacher of Gods Word?
"I'm so proud of you!" From me you would have heard.

If only I could hold you a while. Gaze upon you and see your smile.
To dream of the day that you would have bounced on my knee.
That is what I need.

Your mark was left here without even a word.
Yet, you have touched me very deeply and changed my world.

You will touch lives of all those around us. Because I am strong and
in the Lord find my solace. People will know that the Lord has upheld us.

I will always dream and wonder what was to be. What were you to become?
Who were you to be? What if it had been up to me?

BUT- God's plan is greater still. Souls will be saved because of my strong will.

AND- If I listen closely above the din of my cry, I hear the Lord say,
"Be still and know that I am God."

I share this to open a window up into our lives. Sometimes being honest is very difficult but also very necessary. I also share it because it greatly ministered to me and I hope that if you have shared a loss it will minister to you too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Kangas said...

Wow, what an awesome poem. The tears are flowing over here! We love you guys and miss baby Charlsie dearly.

12:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a powerful poem. I don't have words that are adequate, but that poem and your lives are mighty testimonies to me and everyone around you. Blessings. And thanks for sharing this.

6:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home