Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It's A Miracle

Recently, while Michael was away, the kids and I watched the new Charlotte's Web movie. We all really enjoyed it and I mentioned to Micah that I had read the book when I was younger. This really interested him so even though I thought it might be a bit early for him to read chapter books with me I called a friend and she gave us a copy of the book.

I was really proud of Micah because several times a day for a couple weeks he would ask to read a chapter or two. He had lots of great questions and we had such a good time reading together.

In the book there are several words that Micah did not know the meaning of, he would ask me and I would give him the best meaning I could come up with. About a week after we finished reading the book I realized that perhaps I should have looked up the words in the dictionary....

Micah came in the house and said, "Mom, mom, it's a miracle Jed pooped in the yard and it's made a big mess!"
The next time, about a day later, he came in saying, "Mom, it's a miracle, Maddie pulled down her pants and peed in the yard!"
We have since learned that these things do not constitute miracles. He had several other instances of atributing a miracle to something that really wasn't. He hasn't called anything a miracle in awhile now so I guess he figured it out. I at least have learned that I really need to look meanings up in a dictionary!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! We just read that to our kids (who were 5 and 2, now 6 and 3), and they really enjoyed it. They actually got a copy of the DVD for their birthdays, but getting the DVD to Mexico is the next challenge!

Now that I've got your recommendation I'm looking forward to it all the more. ;)

6:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home