Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Most Polite Child

Peas, Peas, Peas, no she's not asking for a vegetable that's just her cute little way of saying "please". The "peas" are quickly turning into a full on Please though and I find myself missing her mispronunciation!
My other children are all pretty polite and know to say please and thank you but my 20mo, Lainey, was by far the youngest to learn these words. She started out by signing "more" when she was a baby, then she started saying the word "more". Eventually her daddy wanted me to teach her to sign the word "please" but from past experience with other children and the mess they make when this is signed I asked if I could wait on that one~ you see for "please" you place your flat palm on your chest and rub it around in a circular motion~ let me tell you this can get really messy when you are eating and when do kids use the word "please" the most?...you got it! So instead of signing it I started saying it to her every time she wanted something, then as soon as she learned to say it I started requiring her to say it for everything. Now the word "Peas" is an automatic response for her and she sounds so incredibly cute every time she says it! The hard part is when she really wants something and says it incessantly!!!! Seriously you can hardly get her to stop, but hey better that than screaming or throwing a fit right? :) Oh and the funny part is that sometime she will sign "more" while saying "peas" or if we try to get her to say "more please" she will say "mease". Oh and we have added "tank do" to the mix.

As an added note she is usually very smiley but these were the only recent pics I had of her so they had to do! Next post will be updated pics of the kids...those who know me IRL will not believe how big my little man is!


6 Comments:

Blogger amy stoddard said...

I can't believe how much she has grown! She is so beautiful! Leo says she looks like Michael, but I think she could be Micah's twin. Miss you guys.

8:52 PM

 
Blogger Beach said...

I love the mispronounced words stage it is so cute!!!!
Can't wait to see the pics!
Huga, :) Heather S.

7:48 AM

 
Blogger Paper Potter said...

Don't you just love how language develops? It's so precious!

3:44 PM

 
Blogger Grateful for Grace said...

OH, yea! A post!

She's soooo cute. I, too, miss mispronunciations. They are so dear.

hugs to all!

8:30 AM

 
Blogger The Pennington Point said...

It's funny how those little mispronunciations can sometimes become part of the family vocabulary. I find myself saying one from long ago and thinking, "Now, who was it that used to say that?" But the kids always know who it was and they remind me.

But this comment is really intended to stomp my feet and demand pictures of that little man! And a smiling picture of Lainey! I miss you here! Lisa~

6:15 AM

 
Blogger The Gossmanns said...

Sooo sweet! I can't believe she's already 20 months. Time really does fly by.

Love y'all!

8:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home